Sunday, August 07, 2011

Weekend almost over, 3 days to birthday, woohoo!

So the weekend's pretty much done with. It dragged a little, in a good way, because I kept thinking yesterday was Sunday, for whatever reason! Probably also because the weekend *kinda* started for me on Thursday, because Joel came round Thursday evening (even though he was a bit ill, bless him), and didn't leave until Sunday, although I had to go to work on Friday! :'( We didn't really spend that much time together, as he got here Thursday evening, did some food shopping, got back home kinda late and tired, then I had to go to work on Friday. I made sure I left work at 5pm, so we could spend as much time together, as he was leaving early-ish on Saturday for a barbecue. I'd hoped for the weather to be awful so he wouldn't have to leave, but that didn't happen. But yeah, enjoyed the little time we spent together, and he's back on Tuesday evening, so it isn't all too bad.

Finally went to church in Southampton today! We moved to a new building fairly recently over a month ago, while I was away, and I've been back almost a month now, but it's actually the first weekend I'm spending in my flat, so was finally able to go to church here. It used to be somewhere far, and I had to depend on the church bus to get there (cabbing it costs about £15 one way!). But the new place in on my way to work, so it's much easier to get to. It's a nice church and everything, and I was contemplating finding a new church during the service, as I don't really feel 100% at home there. I've been going there a long time, but I don't speak to anyone there. Like today, I just went in, and as soon as the service was over, I disappeared! I think I was even the first person to leave! Obviously it's not the church's fault, I just find it difficult to talk to 'strangers', and when I don't know people somewhere, instead of being friendly, I almost always have this unapproachable look! I do go for the weekly life group on Tuesdays ans speak to people there, so even if I do end up going to another church, I'll probably keep going for it. I might just stick with it, seeing as church isn't about making friends! Anyways, it doesn't matter much, because I'm hardly ever in Southampton weekends, these days!

So got back home after church at about 1pm, and I finally cooked! Was slightly worried that I'd mess it up, seeing as it's been well over a month since I cooked, but I've still got it! It's like riding a bike, isn't it?! I also cooked and cleaned, and add that to laundry yesterday, it's been a productive weekend! I also unpacked my suitcase (yep, same suitcase I took to America),and I even had Joel help me out! I hate unpacking! But it's done now, so yay!

So I've done everything I planned on doing this weekend, all I have left to do is watch tv, but I never need a second invitation for that! Oh, I'm also waiting for my cousin. She's got work experience relatively close by for a couple of weeks, so she'll be staying at mine, which isn't a problem. I hardly ever use my bed, so she can stay in my room. So I now have a legitimate reason for sleeping on my sofa! It's actually a sofa bed, so ideally I should use it as one, but it's just long transforming it into a bed, so I just sleep on it as it is. I probably wouldn't if I was taller, but I'm not, so whatever! :)

Really looking forward to Wednesday! I don't think I've mentioned it yet (ofcourse I haven't! ;)), but it's my birthday on Wednesday! And I've got the day off! Not sure what I'll be doing on the day, but I'll be spending it with Joel, which is more than good enough for me! Then at the weekend, I'm umm, Go Apeing? How does one say it? "I'm doing Go Ape"? "I'm going for Go Ape"? Anyways, so long as you know what I'm on about, it doesn't matter, right? The best way I can describe it, is that it's like NYSC boot camp! Having said that, I haven't actually done NYSC, so I could actually be wrong! Idiot, right? But yeah, it's a physical activity thingy- swinging through trees, zip-wiring, stuff like that. This video's on their website, so it explain it better!



I'm going on Saturday, with a group of 13! Should be fun! I'm looking forward to laughing at people! But I won't be surprised if I'm one of the ones being laughed at! We couldn't get an early slot, so we'll be starting fairly late, at 3pm! I split is into two groups, so 8 people will be starting at 3pm, the remaining 5 starting at 3.30pm. That way it's kinda flexible. the 'slow' ones can start at 3pm, or people who are late can start at 3.30pm, and we'll all finish roughly the same time. It lasts between 2-3 hours, so we'll probably go out for drinks afterwards or getting something to eat, depending what everyone feels like doing. I actually wanted to do this last year, but people chickened out, but they're surprisingly up for it this year! I guess everyone's growing up, haha.

Anyways, that's next weekend sorted. And it's in London, so probably another weekend I won't be spending in Southampton. I'm not sure whether my cousin will be staying at mine over the weekend, but if she is, I'll probably just go for the day on Saturday, but I doubt she'll be. I haven't got any friends in Southampton anyways, so I don't have mind staying in London another weekend, except it's expensive, and I don't have unending pockets. Wish I did...

But umm, not sure there's anything else to report on from the weekend. But my memory 'leaks' sometimes, so I'm probably missing something out! I'll stop typing now, as I'm just rambling! Have a good week, whatever you get up to! I'll be sure to report on my week, and weekend, sometime soon!

Kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment