Sunday, April 25, 2010

Missed me?

Hello! Long time no write. I've actually had stuff to write, just not the time! I'll write a separate Arsenal-related post, but this one's for my randomness!

I'll start with my favourite song of late. 'Fireflies' by Owl City. Don't know why I love it, seeing as I don't even know other Owl City songs. It's just a gorgeous one!




Ah, so I had my Insurance exam on Tuesday. Very interesting experience! I was finally able to study and was as prepared as I could be for it without any classes, but I kinda figured it might be a bit too much. Especially as I knew there was going to be an entire section involving calculations, and not only I'm I pretty rubbish at Maths, I couldn't for the life of me, figure out what the calculation was! Great preparation, eh?

But yeah, exam day. After an all-nighter(ish) the night before (nothing new there!), I found my way to the Royal Horticultural Halls in Victoria. It was a 3-hour exam, standard for me over the last couple of years now, so not a big deal. 3 sections. First one, 8 compulsory questions; second one, 1 compulsory question- the calculations one; final section, answer 3 of 5.

It started at 1.30pm, and an hour and a half in (or less!), I was done! Or rather, I'd written all I could think of at the time. That was a first for me. Being a geek and someone who loves writing, I always tend to almost not have enough time to write all I feel like! I couldn't leave early, though. I prefer staying to the end, even though I'm done in time. It's the same with Coursework. I've never handed Coursework in early, and it's because I'm worried that if I leave early or submit it early, I'd remember something I forgot to add or a mistake I failed to correct, and it'd be too late to make things right!

So yeah, an hour and a half in unknown territory. A few (lots of) doodles on the question paper, a trip to the loo (first time ever during an exam!), a few points/answers I remembered to add and a horrible attempt at Maths. I know I'm bad, but I realised I was shocking! Don't know whether it was my sleep-addleed brain, but I was having problems with what seemed like a simple calculation! Like really, how hard is it to find 75% of say, 55,000? Don't you go: 75/100 multiplied by 55,000? No? Anyways, whatever I tried just didn't seem to work, so I had to go for a 'cheat'. Half of 55,000, then half of the answer, gives you 25%. Subtract from the original 55,000, and you've got 75%! Maybe I should have just gone for this from the start, but at least, it helped while away some time.

I did find the whole situation hilarious, which was good really. I do remember my worst exam, though- I cried during that one. But that was what, 8 years ago in secondary school and I was about... 13. I chose to do Chemistry and I was totally unserious and didn't read for the exam. The predictable happened and I was totally clueless during the exam. I was so upset, I tore up the exam paper and bawled my eyes out! I failed, ofcourse. I didn't think twice about changing from Science to 'Arts' the next semester. Wise move, wise move!

But yeah, this one definitely wasn't on the same level of bad. I did enjoy it, perverse as that may sound. I did the best I could, and I guess that's all one can ask for, really!

So that was last week Tuesday. And this Tuesday, I'm off on my 'holiday'! Holiday in inverted commas, as being with your family for 3 whole weeks definitely isn't a holiday. But wait, does that mean the past 5 or so years have technically been a holiday? Erm... Anyways, point is, if I wanted a proper holiday, I'd go away with friends, away from the parents.

Haha, I just remembered my last post. Wouldn't it have been funny if afterall, I didn't end up going, after the whole Ash-Cloud debacle? That would have been hilarious. But it seems the Ash cloud didn't think it would have been so funny afterall and has sufficiently cleared. So all things being equal, I'll be off on Tuesday. For 3 whole weeks! Sister's graduation on Friday, Cruise Sunday-Sunday (I think), then... I'm not sure what's next, really. I think the whole trip can go either of two ways- a bloody marvellous time, or the worst (or close) 3 weeks of my life! My head is saying the latter, but hopefully it's not. I'd settle for somewhere in-between, really! Not that I've got terribly high standards. As long as I'm able to keep up with football, F1 and tennis, I should be alright. I hope to God I'm able to ger proper internet access during the week on the cruise. It'll be a disaster if I'm not. That's like the most important week of all, sports-wise! Not sure I'll survive otherwise. I've realised of late, how important the internet is to me. How did I survive, otherwise??

Anyways, enough moaning. I do hope I'm able to blog loads when I'm away. Doubt I'll be able to blog before Tuesday and if I don't, I'll be sure to post a quick one when I'm settled. But if you don't hear from me, dearest blog by Thursday, I've probably been blown into a million pieces in the air! Just messin' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment