Thursday, April 29, 2010

Other side of the world. No, I'm not in Australia!

Hello! Made it safely across the pond. Obviously :)

Really long flight. Didn't sleep much on it, though, as I busied myself with the in-flight entertainment. Can't remember all I watched, but it included 'This Is It', Glee, the 'Inbetweeners' and 'the Invention of Lying' (didn't actually finish it).

I was sat at the window-seat, meaning I could take loads of aerial-view pictures, but also meaning I only left my seat once- the same time the dude next to me left his seat! I find it really difficult to bug whoever's next to me to excuse me. I always feel bad! Well, next time, choose the bloody aisle-seat! Or maybe not, just grow a pair!

Anyways, I took a few pictures, although I felt like a silly tourist doing it, until I saw the dude next to me doing the same!


I tend to always end up sitting close to the wings!



Aren't clouds such fascinating things? When I was younger, I always wanted to touch them, if not for those damned windows! Still want to, actually...



Not the clearest of pictures, but that's actually a ship, at the top of the ripple in the centre!




The descent begins...



Zoomed in...



The 'famous' pond, no?



Almost there, as the wing gets uglier.




And a couple more ships/boats...




Landing soon, the pilot says. Well, obviously!




The views upon landing- pretty rubbish, so didn't bother with more pictures.


No take-off or landing dramatics. Unfortunate, as I like a bit of drama! Oh well, maybe next time...

So great flight. We were meant to leave at about 11.15am, but didn't leave until almost 12pm. That's Virgin for you! But as it was a direct flight, I could forgive them anything. Didn't land until about 10pm. Rough guesstimate, as I was too tired and that info wasn't sticking.

Then a bit of drama at the Immigration Desk. I like drama, but not when I'm tired and just want to get into the nearest bed! Anyways, you had like a couple of cards you were meant to fill in and hand in at the desk. I'd filled mine, but I left the address bit blank. Meant to be staying at my Uncle's, but I couldn't for the life of me remember the address.

I'd filled it loads of times on various forms- when applying for my visa, booking my ticket, checking in, and I even had to fill it on my boarding pass. But I couldn't remember it. I had it in my email, but couldn't access it on my phone.

But yeah, I get to the desk and the dude's like 'Where's the address of where you're staying?'. I'm like 'Err, I can't remember, but I've got a phone number!' He's like 'Go speak to this dude'. I go to speak to him and he's like 'What do you want me to do? You ought to have filled in all this information from the UK'. Blah, blah, blah.

He later becomes reasonable and says he'll get someone to call the house to get the address. I'm like 'Err, not sure there's anyone home, actually!' and give him my sister's number to call, as I didn't have my Aunt or Uncle's number. My sister's in Gainesville, Florida but we were in Miami, and he's like 'Sorry, we can't call Gainesville from here'.

At this point, I'm getting really pissed off, as it's just a bloody address which I'm sure they've got on their system somewhere. I was quite willing to go back to London, though that'll have just been stupid. But they didn't want to let me in without the stupid address. Arrgghh!

Luckily, or unluckily to some extent, as my Aunt was waiting for me at the Airport, they were able to get in touch with her to get the address. Everyone else on the flight had already gone through before I was allowed through.
In all honesty though, I'm not surprised I couldn't remember the address! I may have stayed there for 3 months the last time I was there about 4 years ago, and according to my passport 3 more other times (I only remember 2!), but it's got more numbers than letters! Amazing! And considering my track-record with numbers...

This isn't the real address, but it's close:

19864 NE 232 ST
Miami, FL
33196

All I could remember was Miami, Florida. But really though, why all the numbers?!

Anyways, I wasn't impressed with the whole thing. As Fergie would probably say, 'Typical Canadians!'. Everyone else was nice to me, though- the dude at the baggage area who helped me find my box and load it unto the trolley, and the dude at the baggage-scanner who helped me re-load it. Was in too much of a mood to notice and be nice back, apologies!

Finally got into the car probably about an hour and a half after landing. It felt like longer, though. That's all the moaning I'll be doing, hopefully!

So that was Tuesday. It's Thursday today and I've just been sleeping! Did catch Jose's Inter dump Barca out of the Champions League and reach the final, though. Not yet sure if that's a good thing or not, but AM I BOVVERED?! It's got nothing to do with Arsenal so a massive 'whatever!' Not jealous, not jealous. Ofcourse not.

I also watched Eastenders, last week's Omnibus on my laptop. Don't even ask how I managed that! But I shan't be missing any Eastenders while I'm away-awesome.



Anyways, the parents should be arriving today and we should be driving down to Gainesville for Friday morning's graduation. Should be fun! I hope...

PS: I've updated (or I'll be doing it as soon as I'm done here!) the pictures I said I would in the last post.

Will try and blog at least once more before we live on the Cruise on Sunday.

Laters! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment