Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Christmas, huh?

First of all, apologies for the youtube spam last two posts, but I was just in some crazy music mood that day, it was ridiculous! Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Or rather, next time it happens, I'll steer clear of Blogger!

Anyways, so the plan was to talk about Christmas. But to be honest, I'd more interested in 'talking' about what's happening in my life right now, in terms of relationships, as I feel I need to process things- get things out of my head- as it's new territory. Besides, I spend so much time thinking about it, so it only makes sense to focus on that! So the quicker I'm done with old news, the more time I can spend on the things that matter now.

I have been meaning to write up this Christmas post ages ago, but I needed some photos off of my cousin, as my phone had a mini-meltdown one time and deleted almost all of the photos, pictures and texts on my phone, leaving random ones! :( I am yet to get them off of my cousin still, so I'll make do with what I've got, and upload the others when I get the chance to get it off my cousin.

.................................

Christmas and beyond...

Where was I? Oh yeah, finished my application in time, and all I had to do was wait. All through Christmas and new year, as interviews were scheduled for 15 January.

Christmas, last few years, have pretty much been dull for me, as I'm usually at my Aunt's, and with everywhere shut, we're literally stuck indoors all day, doing absolutely nothing! Well, eating I guess, but seeing as food doesn't really feature too high on my list of important things (awful, I know...), it's not really a highlight.

But this time around, my cousin suggested that we do something different, and go on a mini-cruise! To Spain. Just the kids. So me and my 3 cousins- Derin (girl, younger), Kunle (guy, my age), and Yinka (guy, older than me). It was a very short cruise- 24th to 27th, if I remember correctly.  I had to get a visa, and knowing me, there had to be some drama involved! We didn't make up our minds early enough, so I couldn't get an early enough appointment date. Had to keep watching their website hoping someone would cancel theirs, so I could get an earlier date, although you weren't allowed to make multiple appointments! But thanks to some smart (dodgy) thinking (adding an extra number/letter to my passport number so it seemed like a different applicant), I was able to get an earlier date. Despite that, they were even like the visa probably won't be ready in time, as they needed a certain number of days to process it, and I was going to be short by one day or two. And what with it being Christmas time, they were quite busy. It was slightly funny, because this was my second time applying for a Spanish visa, and both times, I had the same issue! I got it the last time, although that wasn't as busy a time as Christmas. But I said I'd take the gamble anyways. Why not?!

Long story short, I got it in time. A couple of days early, even. Although unbelievably, I was disappointed! I really wanted it to go down to the last day, so I'd have had to dash to London on the day we were meant to leave, then dash to Portsmouth, where we were departing from, and barely make it onto the boat! Very disappointing, right? Haha.

It was a budget cruise, so we really had no expectations. I'd only just been on one in summer, but that was like a proper one, for a whole week, and a whole lot more expensive. I definitely wasn't expecting a similar experience! But we were pleasantly surprised, though. It was a small ship, and our rooms were very tiny, but for the amount we paid, it was great! I was expecting it to be like some run-down ship or something, and that we'd have tales of woe to tell, but there was nothing, absolutely nothing to complain about! We didn't pay for our meals beforehand, because we were worried it'd be naff, but in the end, we had dinner there almost every night, and the food was really good. Fairly cheap, too. Not sure whether it was Christmas Day or Boxing Day, but they had these MASSIVE turkey thighs. Absolutely MASSIVE, and totally delicious. No complaints whatsoever.

The entertainment wasn't all that, but it suited the audience, as it was mainly old people, or married couples with their young kids. We ended up just chilling on the deck, watching the activities below. Oh, we even got to play Bingo! That was quite fun, actually! But it gives you an idea of the type of people they were mainly catering to! They did have a magician on the last day, and he was brilliant! I even recorded one or two of his performances, but it's no longer on my phone! My cousin has it, so hopefully when I get it off him, I'll upload it.

It really was a good break, as we pretty much just chilled. But with nice scenery, and people to watch/laugh at! Haha, there was even this little kid, who kept trying to climb down the stairs, but her mum kept pulling her away, but she'd return to the stairs. She eventually had her way, but kinda fell at the end! It was very funny, because you knew that was exactly what was going to happen! And best of all, I got it on tape! Maybe I should send it to one of those 'You've been Framed' type shows or something and make myself 50 quid or something, haha. It's only funny because the kid was fine, I should say! I'll upload it if/when I get it.

Oh, I remember something else! Everyone who knows me ought to know that I'm a Federer-lover! Not in a crushing type way, but I just love him to bits. He's just amazing! But anyways, Derin spotted this Federer look-alike! A bad look-alike, though, but I kind of amused myself by stalking him! No, no, not that way, haha! I just kept trying to take his picture stealthily. It was really funny! But it all ended when he happened to be seating next to our table one day, when Arsenal were playing Chelsea, and we found out he was a Chelsea fan. Didn't take any more photos, as he was no longer cool! :(

We spent most of the time at sea, other than the Sunday, when we docked at Santander. It would have been fabulous if any stores and things were open, but it being a Sunday, nothing was! Well, other than the odd corner shop. At least the weather was relatively lovely. We just walked round, enjoying the scenery. Lovely place! And ofcourse, I took a photo of a Santander bank in Santander! Wouldn't you!?

Anyways, you get an idea the type of holiday it was. Very good value for money. And the last night was pretty amazing. After the magician was done, and the kids had all gone up to bed, it turned out to be a party below deck. We were up, but you could see what was going on down. There usually was a party every night, but this time around, they played love songs, and all the couples were on the dancefloor, dancing in their partner's arms. There was like a newly married couple, some who'd been married for ages, and the dj/host got them to like say stuff about themselves, and it was all really lovely. Made you wish you had that special somebody, or that they were there with you. Sigh. But ofcourse, it all had to come to an end. *Sniff*.

But it did its job. Lovely break away from the boredom of England at Christmas, with lots of memories. Not bad. Here are some of the few photos my phone was kind enough not to delete:


First night. Tourists! :p

Not a bad sunset!

Christmas Day festivities

Santander. Not the bank, unfortunately...
What can I say?! (Coke addict!)
There were so many miniature dogs everywhere! Literally!
Ice-rink somewhere...

The day Fake-Federer's secret was revealed! :-\
Magician...
Ah, took this photo, as the fat dude just got engaged/married to the girl next to him. Go figure...
Magician... The old Derren Brown table-in-the-air move, but only video I could find.


And unfortunately I don't have any more photos/videos, but in due course, I'll add more, hopefully.

The only thing left to blog about before I can (finally!) get into 'current affairs' is what happened with the job application. I'm very sleepy right now, so will have to do that next time.

Fingers' crossed, that'll be tomorrow night...

2 comments:

  1. the sunset photo is amazinggggggggggg!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete