Tuesday, February 02, 2010

First of the rest...

Why on earth do I have a blog? I have no real career aspirations in journalism, but I like writing. Whether I'm any good, is very much up for debate! :)
I think all the time, (even whilst sleeping!) and even though I speak (ramble) loads, there's always so much I end up not saying. It doesn't always make sense, mind!
But anyways, for whatever reason, I tend to forget most of what I think of, really quickly! Leaky brain, maybe?!

I can't promise to blog daily, weekly, after each Arsenal game, monthly or whatever- I try to avoid routine as much as I can!

Arsenal may have lost heavily to Manchester United on Sunday, but at least Roger Federer won yet another Grand Slam! Rewind 12 months when he lost to Nadal and cried like a little kid, and you can tell this victory was so much sweeter than past ones! Especially as he breezed past the latest challenger to his 'throne' in Murray. This season looks to be maddd exciting; what with Nadal's dodgy knees, the ever-improving Murray, and Federer proving to everyone that he's in no hurry to commit to full-time fatherhood! He's definitely on-course to break Pete Sampras' all-time record of weeks spent as Number 1. It's only a question of what the new record'll be! It'll also be lovely to see Roger complete a calendar Grand Slam. He definitely can, but I don't know whether he will. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

As for Arsenal, we play Chelsea at the Bridge on Sunday, and a win there will compensate a bit for the United loss, as we'll be right back in the title race. Wouldn't it be awesome if we actually won the league this season? We've been written off twice this season already, but I've still got hope. I guess I'll always have hope until it's mathematically impossible for us to win the League!

A funny thing happened to me today- went to put some money into my bank account. I really don't like getting receipts, as I end up having too much scrap paper in my bag, so I didn't bother with one. So I happened to check my account when I got home, and instead of showing that I'd deposited money into my account, it showed that I had taken money out, meaning I'd lost double the amount I put in. Bumbling NatWest clerk, right? What makes it funny is the fact that the exact same thing happened to my cousin a few months back, and he also didn't get a receipt! It was a different bank this time round, though. Anyways, I'll call them up tomorrow, and hopefully, they'll sort it out.

Anyways, I think that's enough rambling for one day. Not bad for a first post, right? :)

PS- If you haven't seen this Shahid Afridi video, I've posted it below, if it still works!. What on earth was he thinking? He's got a 2-match ODI ban for his troubles!

No comments:

Post a Comment