Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hello again!

It's been a busy week! Wait, that should have read 'lazy' week! I've actually left work at about 6.30pm everyday, well, apart from Monday when I left at quarter to 10, but other than that, it's been a relatively stress-free week. But I didn't blog, because I was too lazy to put on my laptop, and was also too engrossed in tv. I just felt like chilling all week. But with football returning for real, well almost, this weekend, WOOOOOHOOOOOO! I just felt like relaxing all week, because it's going to get a whole lot busier!

So I didn't get up to much all week. Wait, what happened last weekend? Oh I remember. I was in London for my friend, Titi's graduation, then went to the hairdresser's, got my eye-brows done, etc. Nothing remarkable. We both went to Oyinda's on Saturday to hang out, Joel met us there, and it was just more chilling, really. Went to Titi's church on Sunday, watched tv, oh wait! I actually watched darts! I remember my cousins always teasing me about my sports obsession, and my excuse was always: "Well, I'm not that bad, I don't watch Darts!". But I guess I can shelve that excuse. Having said that though, it wasn't my choice! I'd forced them to watch F1 earlier (they did enjoy it, however, and what I brilliant win that was for Lewis!), so I couldn't really say "no, can we watch something else?" It wasn't terrible, but I don't really count two fat men playing a pub game as a real sport. Sorry!

Anyways, that was pretty much my weekend, the highlight ofcourse being getting to hang out with Joel. But with another weekend spent away from home, it meant another week of take-out for lunch/dinner. I just cannot cook during the week! Okay, maybe I can, but I refuse to! I don't even have any food in my house to be cooked, so it isn't really an option. Weekend is for food shopping and cooking, weekdays are for going to work and relaxing afterwards. But seeing as I'm away this weekend, it's going to be a question of who bites (harder) first. My pocket or me!?

Enough rambling, I hear you say! And what's happening this weekend? I'm home right now, but as soon as I'm done blabbing on here, I'll be heading to my Aunt's house, to get my iPad 2! Birthday present from my parents! My Aunt was in Nig, and just got back yesterday. It wouldn't surprise you to hear that there's a story to this iPad, one that I'll be telling when I collect it. But more importantly, I'M OFF TO THE EMIRATES TOMORROW! WOOHOO! It's been a long time since I was there last! I feel like I'm the prodigal 'son', and want to say to the Emirates that I'm back! And I'm not going anywhere! (Okay, I'll be going back home after the matches are over, but I'll be back often!) It's the first weekend of games at the Emirates, one being on right now. It's still pre-season, but once the Emirates Cup comes round, it's an indication that the Premier League season is about to start! I honestly really unbelievably indescribably excited about this! Until we lose a match, then I'll be back down to earth, but for now, I'll just get excited about the fact that I'll be seeing my boys tomorrow, woohoo! And also, we'll be playing against Thierry Henry's team, so there's the likelihood that he'll be playing! His team were playing today, but he didn't get to play, meaning that he'll probably play tomorrow! I'll have my camera at the ready!

I'm not sure if you could tell from the last paragraph, but I'm really excited about going to the Emirates tomorrow ;-) But there's more! I'm going with Joel, Chris, Ibukun, and Janine... Joel's sister. I've been to the Emirates with Joel, Chris and Ibukun before, but never with Janine. Not just that, but I've actually never met her before. So not only am I excited about tomorrow, I'm slightly apprehensive. What if she doesn't like me? It's her birthday tomorrow, and I don't know why I suggested it, but when I asked Joel whether he wanted to come to the Emirates with me, and he was like he couldn't, as it was his sister's birthday, I suggested that he ask her if she wanted to come. She's an Arsenal fan, so unsurprisingly, she said yes. I guess I was going to meet her at some point, and meeting her at the Emirates is a good place as any to meet her. I'm a bit nervous, but I guess I really shouldn't be, really.  I bet she doesn't bite! Anyways, the Emirates is my territory, so it should feel as if I was meeting her in my house! I'm sure it'll be alright. I'm just a scaredy-cat! I'll let you know how it goes.

I said I'll be heading off as soon as I'm done writing this blog post, right? I've changed my mind! Watching a briiliant spell of test cricket right now, so I think I'll wait until it's over! Take a bow, Stuart Broad! Hat-trick in test cricket? They don't come round very often! Brilliant stuff! Wish I didn't have to go anywhere, but it takes 3 hours to get to St Albans, so I better not wait to long!

Adios, for now. I think the cricket needs my full attention right now. Have a good weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. lol wow your love for sports truly amazes me. your own is on another level! your boyfriend much overly lov you1 I am still being converted.

    yay @ ipad 2! plus its ur bday in 4 days, not so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know, it's almost ridiculous! But I guess that's what makes me me :-) DT will fully convert you soon, haha.

    I'm sure he does, but the feeling is totally mutual!

    No, birthday is on the 10th, so so excited!

    ReplyDelete