Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Nice and easy, today...

Got this email today, in my spam folder, thank God! Lovely way to start the day, right?


Hello,
My name is Mr.John Jasper from South Africa our client died Three year sago
leaving behind Capital amount (US$14.6M) in our bank here where i
work ,I am his account manager ,till date nobody has come forward or put
application for the claim. To maintain the level of security required I have
intentionally left out the final details.

I want you to come forward since I can provide you with the details needed for
you to claim the Funds so that I can be gratify by you,I that will do all the
crucial part in the bank to have the claim release to you promptly. To affirm
your willingness and cooperation please do so by replying me at my private email
stating your mind,and His Name is Dr. George Brumley.

Thank you,

Mr John Jasper

I obviously know it's from one of those scammers, but well, it makes a lovely change that the silly man isn't claiming to be a Nigerian business-man!
But really though, do any people still fall for these scams, in this day and age? I'd like to one day pretend to be interested and reply to one of these emails just for laughs, but well, today isn't one of them and besides, I wouldn't want these monkeys having my email address, would I?


Anyways, in news more important to me, it's Theo's birthday today! Happy birthday, little speedster! He's 21, can you believe it? Finally, I'll say! I sometimes feel like I'm an old-head, but realising that I'm the same age as Theo (although a number of months older) and I'm always tempted to call him 'little Theo' is a lovely reminder that I'm not, if that makes any sense! :) He's got such a lovely girlfriend too, not your typical WAG. But then again, do any of our players have typical WAGs? Just thinking of it, I don't really know about most of the players', but maybe that proves my point, as they're hardly in the news all the time! Oh, here's a picture of Theo's cake from his 21st party over the weekend, that a got off the Daily Mail website. Make of it what you will:


On another note, I've got to say how seriously gutted I am for Becks. Such a true professional, and despite what people say, I think he would have been a great addition to the England squad, and he wanted desperately to play at the World Cup, too. He might not have pace like Theo but his range of passing is second to none, and I'm sure if Theo's deliveries become anywhere near as good as Becks, he'll be an even better player than he is at the moment. It'll be a shame if his career ended this way, so I hope he's back soon. But on the plus note, it makes it even more likely Theo'll be at the World Cup, especially with Aaron Lennon still out injured.

I was only going to write a short post this morning but the more I write, the more stuff I think to add, so I'll just stop now before this get wayyy too long!

Have a nice day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Lol! What an e-mail..classy 'John Jasper'...sounds like someone I want to get in business with! Seriously though, I'm sure there is the odd person who will fall for it. Someone really naive. In general, I'd like to think that the vast majority of people see it and shake their head.

    U know, every time I hear these guys' ages, I'm amazed. What Arsene said is true...what these boys can do at this age & level is quite impressive. The critics never seem to remember ages!

    And like you, gutted for Becks. A really dignified gentleman. Seems so honest and hard working. I always liked him, really. Boost for Theo's chances, but dent for England's hopes, I think. Though not a starter, Becks could have made a difference when it mattered most. I wish him all the best and hope he recovers fully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, unfortunately. Really hope more and more people realise they're scammers, without having to fall prey!

    It's amazing, the ages of our players. I can't even believe Clichy's 24! You'd think he was much older! It would be pretty special if we won a trophy this season. Even if not this season, it would still be something if we won the League or Champions League next season. No reason why we can't, this season, though. I hope we do!
    And yeah, all the best to Becks!

    ReplyDelete