Sunday, March 28, 2010

Good day/ Bad day? Football, wedding, F1...

Saturday was a mixed bag. Will try and make sense of it below:

Bad day: Fell asleep watching F1 early in the morning and missed Q1!
Bad day: Lewis getting knocked out in Q2 and being out-qualified by Jenson (11th and 4th on the grid)
Good day: Vettel grabbing pole position on a brilliant run that was pure controlled aggression
Bad day: Having to leave home to go for the wedding (see previous posts) just before 3pm, meaning the only way I could follow the game was via twitter
Good day: Arsenal nicking what seemed like the winner with about 15 minutes to go, thanks to Nasri
Bad day: Having to hang about at Liverpool Street station for about 30minutes, waiting for a couple of friends. (But at least I could sit down and concentrate on following the game on twitter)
Very bad day: Birmingham delivering one hell of a sucker-punch by equalising in injury time! Not seen it yet, but apparently it was a freak-goal, to make it even worse! My heart literally sank to my feet!
Bad day: Chelsea scum hitting Aston Villa for 7. Seven?! 
Bad day: Man Utd winning 4-0, meaning we're 4 points off the lead
Bad day: Our players being given unbelievable stick on twitter
Good day: Seeing and hanging out with some of my mates
Bad day: Being UNBELIEVABLY bored at one point, that I wanted to cry! No, my friends aren't boring, I just wasn't sat with them at that point
Good day: Taking some pictures before going home, like finally! No pictures of the Bride and Groom- they're pretty much hard to get at a Reception, especially if you're late, like we definitely were. And no, my friends and I don't tend to wear similar outfits- this was a special instance! See previous post.

Esther & I:

Me, obviously:

Oyinda, Toyin and Esther:


Esther & Toyin:

Chris & I:


I am terribly anti-social. Well actually, it depends on what we're doing really. I hate being in places where there are LOADS of people. Don't like it. Well, minus the Emirates ofcourse. But having said that, the more people there are somewhere, the more likely I feel all alone, which is the reason why I'm not sure if I can go to the Ems on my own.
I much prefer hanging out with a small selection of people I know; I prefer doing active stuff- bowling, paint-balling, go-karting; I'm not really a fan of clubs (although I did love going out with my football team at Uni last year- that was fun!); I hate small talk (like really! It's so pointless and I'm terrible at it anyways!). Okay, I'll stop going on about it and get back to 'Good day/ Bad day?'!

Bad day: Players STILL being given unbelievable stick on twitter- probably because Match of the Day was on at the time
Bad day: Both of my batteries running out 10-15 minutes before getting home
Good day: Getting into the cab home with a really nice and chatty driver- and it wasn't small talk!
Bad day: Having blotchy thighs, thanks to the sequins on the bottom bit of my dress! There was one particular sequin directly on my thigh and was practically ripping into my skin when walking. I tried ripping it off, but I could only make it worse.

(Yes, I did take a picture of my thighs, just to post on here! Well, it's my blog, so I'll do whatever I want! ;) I can assure you it looks worse in real-life, though)
Good day: Getting home just in time to catch Roger Federer's game! Get in! He won ofcourse: 6-3, 6-3 against Nicolas Lapentti
Good day: Finally getting to bed!

As I'm a positive person, I'll conclude that was a good day, minus the Arsenal result, bu
Well, as it's Saturday morning at the moment, I'll continue up to what's happening currently! :)

Good day: Waking up at 6am in time to watch the Australian GP. Woop!
Bad day: Having to listen to Jonathan Legard. He's my least favourite F1 commentator in the BBC. Martin Brundle is my favourite and guess what? They're paired together!
Good good day: The race getting off to a flier, with Lewis moving up 4 spots from the start into 7th, with Jenson dropping a couple into 6th! Woop! Button tapped into Alonso's Ferrari, who then crashed into Schumacher! Other crashes, as well. Just the first lap- wow start! LOTS of cool overtaking manouvres. And oh! LEWIS JUST OVERTOOK BUTTON! Brilliant move! Oh my wow! And Button's had to pit for a change of tyres. Hmm.
Loads of pit-stops- a bit confusing at the moment, as the timing screens aren't up and it's hard to tell who's in what position! Just on Lap 10, with rain still forecast. This IS manic! (I am listening to 5Live radio commentary in addition to BBC 1's, though!)
Oh no! Vettel's out! From the lead as well! Jenson was in 2nd, so he leads! Bummer for Seb, brilliant for Button! Wow! PS- 2nd race in a row (off pole position) that he's had car problems! He managed to end up 4th last race, but he's out this time. Gutted for him though. The Red Bull's quick, but keeps having reliability issues. But Lewis is up to third! Still 28 laps to go, I think! (Or 30. Out of 58). It might end as a McLaren 1-2 (Jenson and Lewis, in any order!)- the driver ahead of Lewis is quite a slow car, and Lewis is on his tail at the moment. That really would be brilliant! Even more so, if Lewis wins...

I'll post this now, and will probably update it at the end of the race...


Update:
Would you believe it? Yet another Birmingham sucker-punch! Howard WEBB kinda messed us up yesterday, and guess who messed Lewis up today? Mark WEBBER!
Basically, Lewis was in 5th (as he pitted for new tyres) and catching up to the back of the 2 Ferraris in front of him with a couple or so laps to go, with Webber behind him. Lewis was about to pass the first Ferrari- he almost made it stick, but Webber came up behind and tapped him! Bummer! If he hadn't been tapped, he'd have probably passed the 2 Ferraris, and the other car ahead, and ended up 2nd, giving McLaren a brilliant 1-2! But Lewis ended up 6th, with Jenson winning. It really was Birmingham all over again, Webber's tap almost at the end is the equivalent of that stoppage time equaliser yesterday! Lewis ended up 6th, from 11th position, but it could have been so much better- same as us, yesterday! It's just before 9am, and it feels like a bad day, already.

Anyways, enough drama for 2 days, won't you say?!

No comments:

Post a Comment