Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Poor Aaron... Get well soon!

I want to go on about the Winter Olympics but I also want to go on about Aaron Ramsey. I've written a post about it already on another blog, but it's a bit different here because it's my personal blog and I can cry about it here as much as I can. I'm still so devastated for him. I know one can say 'well, he's not dead, think about people in Chile or Haiti', but it's a bit different. I have all the sympathy in the world for them and I can't begin to imagine what it is like to lose your loved one in such horrible circumstances and I hope we all do what we can to help them overcome their current predicament as much as they can.

But the thing is that I don't feel any emotional connection to any of them like I do for Aaron. Obviously Ramsey doesn't have a clue who I am, fair enough, but he's an Arsenal player and for me, they're as good as family and I can't help but feel their pain all the time. Same way I feel it personally when people slag off our players is the same way I feel personaly when any of them get injured. Maybe it's because I'm a girl, but well, whatever. To me, that's what it means to me to be an Arsenal fan. I go through the same emotions as the team, the very highs and the very lows, and right now feels like the very lows for me, until Aaron is able to at least walk again. And as a fan, I don't really care about the tackle, whether it was fair or not- that's irrelevant for me. I've not thought about much else since Saturday than about poor Aaron. My thoughts are with him not because he's still in pain, because he obviously isn't, but I'm sure he'll be devastated. He had a chance to get an extended run in the team and I'm sure he would have played the next 2 games especially as Song is suspended for them and Diaby might still be injured. I still cried about it when writing this post. My last image of him is him lying there in so much pain and maybe I'll continue to cry about it until I next see him free of pain and in better spirits. I went through the same emotions when Eduardo got a similar injury, but it's a bit worse now. Credit to Glenn Whelan and Bendtner for staying by Aaron's side, and to Sol, Cesc, Clichy and Vermaelen for being so great at handling all those emotions that day. I'd have been crushed myself and would probably not have been able to continue playing and to put in a performance capable of winning such a game.

As for Wenger's reaction after the game, I don't think there was anything wrong with it- he was even restrained, by his standards and I don't blame him for getting upset about it all, given it's our third in 4 years and he knows Aaron more personally than all the people having a go at him. Leave him be, yeah?!

I just really hope Aaron gets better soon as that's the most important thing right now.

And oh, Theo got called up into the England squad- I'm happy for him! Easily forgotten justifiably. As long as he doesn't pick up any injuries. I'm always worried he'll pick one up anytime he gets called up! I'm not even sure but I think a few other players would have met up with their national teams since the weekend- let's just hope they get back in no worse condition than they left!

I feel better already just writing about all that, now. I'll be at the Emirates for the game on Saturday and hopefully it wouldn't be as emotional as the last game. Actually, we've got a chance to go top of the league if we win by 4 clear goals, so maybe it might get emotional afterall, but at least in a good way! I'll try to take loads of pictures this time around and post them here.

But yeah, maybe I'll finally go on about the Winter Olympics and a few other things when next I've got the time to blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment